Thursday, July 3, 2014

Over a Month on Minocycline!

Wow! May 26th I started back slowly on Minocycline and now I am still taking 150mg a day and having absolutely no herxing or pain or anything, matter of fact I have been so well for over two weeks I almost feel healed of this dreadful disease!

Now I know, I am not going to jump and down and declare I'm cured, I know better, but I can't help but smile so big because I honestly feel almost normal. My last flare up was June 9th and that is in my daily journal.

I am so thankful I kept a daily journal as I can go back and read my journey and see how awful I was and how much better I have become. Feeling good for quite some time does cause one to forget the trials I just went through, so these daily journals have been great.

I seriously doubt I am cured but it sure is encouraging after herxing so bad on Minocycline, and here I am a month into Minocycline and I feel wonderful.

Much of my symptoms I experienced was also due to low iron. The itchy skin, metallic taste in my mouth, extreme fatigue was all from low hemoglobin. Since starting iron tabs those symptoms are gone!

Also some of my joint pains etc could be related to candida which I am pretty sure I have an overgrowth of candida that I need to start treating.

I started exercising again on my treadmill because I felt so good. However unlike before, I could jog for 3 miles and not feel anything, but right now when I do fast walk or lightly jog, I do feel it in my body as I think I have been so weakened by Lyme that it will take time to build these muscles back up again. But I am ready for the challenge!

So almost one year into abx therapy and I am finally feeling good! My LLMD said he feels that I would have to be on abx for at least a year so it's coming to that time. I hope to be off the abx in September when it is the official one year mark, but we shall see.

So that's it for now folks until the next update!


No comments:

Post a Comment